Thank you for considering the eMars electronic certified payroll system.
Please consider asking the following questions during that process.
This may help to emphasize the benefits of using the e-Mars Compliant Client system.
Is the information that is seen Real Time?
- The instant a payroll is submitted, the information is available to all parties who have access to the system. Any non-compliance issues can be addressed immediately.
Is all the information concerning problems on the screens or are e-mails necessary to notify you that problems exist?
- All problems are clearly on our screens for all to see at the same time? No emails are necessary. Emails get overlooked. Emails are sent after the fact. There is no record of this transaction on the screen and the email may not go to all concerned parties – Auditor, Prime and Subs.
Is there a third party involved?
- With e-Mars there are only 2 parties involved in data handling, you and e-Mars.
Can payroll errors be identified and modified before Validating and Signing?
- No, this can lead to fraud. Payrolls should be submitted as prepared. If an error is made, the contractor is provided with a convenient way to revise the payroll. All revisions are maintained in the system and there is an Audit Trail.
Is there a secure internal (not using an email system) messaging system?
- Our internal messaging system provides a record as proof of a contractors attempt to resolve a problem. The sub can never claim, “I didn’t get your email because my Outlook didn’t work that day.”
Do they satisfy sections 3.1 and 4.2 of the Public Works Manual?
Can they accommodate Base Rate Exceptions for California payrolls?
- California requires that the Base Rate be paid. However, if a contractor satisfies the 3 requirements that will allow them to pay less then the Base Rate our system will address this.
Are deficiencies calculated automatically and prominently displayed?
- If any employee has been compensated less than the amount in the Wage Determination and required by California Rules, all payrolls with this deficiency are identified and an automatic calculation of the deficiency occurs.
Who inputs and maintains the Wage Determinations in the system?
- e-Mars does this for you, including the approved Apprentice schedules for rates and fringes and the predetermined increases. There is no charge regardless of the number of Wage Determinations entered.
Can they provide appropriate Apprentice Information?
- We can provide Apprentice to Journeyman ratios report; and we can produce an error report if the ratios are incorrect. We will report if an Apprentice works without a Journeyman present regardless of the length of time
When Predetermined increases take place, do the rates change in the Wage Determination and the Employee records?
- We change the Wage Determination. The contractor can change the Employee record to reflect what was ACTUALLY PAID not what was supposed to be paid.
Is there a charge for mapping payrolls, renewal fees, data entry, extra Wage Determinations, Special Reports, etc.?
- Once we establish a price for a project, you will never see another dollar!
How many Fringes and Deductions can be itemized?
- We can enter up to 10 different fringes and deductions for each employee. These deductions and fringes are specific to the Company.
Can payrolls be entered by copying from a previous payroll?
- This is a convenient way for subs that do not have a payroll system to enter their payrolls.
Is there a charge for training and/or technical support?
- We provide Training and technical support for all subcontractors on a project as part of the contract. We will never expect you to solve a problem.
How fast is response time for Service Calls?
- We are proud of the fact that response to emails is almost immediate. You can always get a “live person” on the phone if needed. Neither you nor your subs will have to wait 24 to 48 hours for a reply to a question.
Can Apprentice Certificates be entered to insure participation in a legitimate program?
Is there a convenient Document Storage feature?
- Important documents can be easily stored and easily accessed. Can projects be set up so that certain documents MUST be entered before a payroll can be entered?
How secure is the information?
- Your information is protected by the most sophisticated encryption in the industry. We have transaction encryption AND encryption of the raw data. We have our own secure servers and a secure building. We have tests to check for the possibility of intrusion.
Is your product PATENTED?
- Patent Number 8036960.
What about records after a project is closed?
- We maintain the information on our servers for 7 years after a project closes. A permanent record can be downloaded by you of all payrolls entered into the system.